CORPORATE QHSSE POLICY
Alpha believes that Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental protection are essential to our business. We are committed to the protection of life, the prevention of injury and ill health for our employees, visitors, contractors and any other persons at or near our workplace. This policy is available to internal and external parties.
In implementing this policy, we comply with relevant legislation and encourage continuous improvement of our Quality and Occupational Health Systems. The success of our company depends upon our ability to satisfy customer’s requirements for Quality Product within a safe environment.
Alpha recognizes the importance of commitment and involvement by all levels of Managers, Supervisors and workers as a shared responsibility to apply this policy practically and effectively by ensuring quality products, effective equipment and safe work practices are in place, understood and adhered to in order to incorporate sound health and safety considerations as part of their everyday activities. These objectives will be achieved through audit, review, training, supervision and the provision of relevant information to all persons concerned with our business.
Additionally, Alpha acknowledges that violence in the workplace is an Occupational Health & Safety hazard that can cause physical and emotional harm. We view any acts of violence or threats of violence in the workplace as unacceptable. We are committed to working to prevent workplace violence and to responding appropriately should an incident occur.
All employees are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment.
- Management will ensure that all applicable legal requirements relative to the occupational health and safety are met or exceeded and accept the responsibility for the leadership role of the Health and Safety Program, for its effectiveness and continual improvement and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe conditions. Management will ensure that support is given to the Health and Safety Representative according to be Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward health and safety in themselves first and in those they supervise. Supervisors will ensure that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of all personnel involved.
- Employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the Health and Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
- The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over the Occupational Health and Safety Act and therefore, all employees should be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Alpha Chemical Limited